miércoles, 31 de octubre de 2012

Skype conversation.

I talked to a pair of guys that where 18 year old. At first the conversation was in Spanish, so I felt pretty comfortable talking about ecuadorians traditions.
Probably the thing that surprised them the most was to know about the weather which is so unpredictable here. I told then how in Quito you could experience summer and winter in the same day: at the morning hot sun that burns the skin and I the night strong wind drops the temperature down, it usually rains as well, but since over northern countries there are marked seasons the people is well accustom to deal with wheatear changes.
The next surprising moment in the conversation was when I mentioned one popular dish which is served in most of the sierra's cities. It is a kind of guinea pig, but over here as I told then we use this animal only as food, and it has been a tradition since long time ago. This typical dish is served with potatoes in peanut sauce and in my opinion is delicious.
Then we started to speak in english and we first talked about where they live. They told me  they don't live together with each other but with some university's students in a fraternity' s house, they are living with some other 15 boys in this big houses. The good thing about this is the party time, as they said.
One of this guy had a snake as pet, he said I is a python and that he feeds on it with rats; I would like to see this spectacle one day in the wild.

Jorge Flores




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario