domingo, 19 de agosto de 2012

Stephanie´s vacation !







What sunny , wonderful  and adventure days I lived on my  last vacation. It was a fact that I had to improve my climbing technique ,and I decide to expend must of the time of these free months to do it. But what I didn’t know was that  I would get something more than  be fitter. I used to climb three days a week ,most of them at Rocodromos wall ,but also I used to go to Monodedos boulder  with one of my best friend , Alejandra Romero , with her I trained really hard that is why now I have more strength and confidence .The days were perfect , full of light and blue skies . There always  were something new to learn  and also to find out!.Some days  we were like to go to Vertigo, which is a place in Tumbaco  were you find many interesting things to do , one of them was obviously climb ,but other  amazing  activity that I could practice there was  slack line .


I enjoy climbing but what I really love is to do mountaineering  , when I started doing it last year I was completely sure that I only wanted   to do mid- mountain  because I  considered that high – mountain was   dangerous ,but nowadays I know that I  like both .Even though  I was a little bit scared about high mountain  I had an objective , I wanted to climb Cotopaxi’s volcano on my birthday .The day we went to  Cotopaxi’s refuge ,Jose Ribas, it was completely crowded ;there  were  like sixty people from different countries .We wanted to go to summit as all of the  people that were there so we started to climb at twelve  am , it was really dark  but the sky was  admirably clear  ,we could see a lot of stars ,it was beautiful. I walked with my partners until the 5400 m but something happened!! , the ice bridge was broken and someone fell down inside the chasm! One of my friends was there , she was find and we was glad because of that .The bridge was an important crossing  that we should take in order to  keep walking to the summit ; no one who was back of her group could continue so we had to go back to the refuge . Obviously we didn’t reach the summit but because of these experience I started to like high- mountain; I will never forget it.

 

I am part of an interchange climbing program between Ecuador and Germany, these year the Ecuadorian people, including myself had to welcome them. We had a designed program with many activities like climbing natural rock walls, mountaineering, cycling and trekking. The first place we visited was Sigsipamba which is a natural rock wall; it is located in Pifo and it is a great place for climbing. The next place was Imbabura, there we went to Otavalo  ,Cuicocha’s trekking and we also climbed Imbabura volcano, it was the first time I climbed it!! It was great because I enjoyed so much the landscape , the parts we had to climb in order to get to the summit and obviously because of my friends ; I have  new incredible friends with whom I can  do what I like most and it is to enjoy all the wonderful places that my country have to offer and also practice my English  ! . I could know better my Ecuadorian friends  and I found out what great people they are .Until now I  had climbed Rucu Pichincha , Corazon and Pasochoa  with them but I couldn’t go to Cayambe because in these part of the story  classes began. I would like to continue traveling with them but I am no sad because I can’t , I am really glad because I could live a lot of amazing experiences and share the most enriching moments with incredible people  , my friends!!

4 comentarios:

  1. I can see that you really love what you do, and I'm glad you were actually able to do it! Even though now you have to attend classes, you can always go climbling on weekends! It's nice to see that you enjoyed your vacation!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Ecuador has a lot of beautiful landscapes, animals and vegetation. Mountain climbing is fun and know what's on the other side of the mountain, also see how beautiful is Ecuador.
    Reinaldo

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. the activities in the nature are really funny and relaxing... I would like to do this activity! Our country has a lot of beautiful mountains!!
    Abigail

    ResponderEliminar