sábado, 25 de agosto de 2012

Emotional Intelligence by José Tinajero

To discribe the emotional intelligence, I will talk about one of my favorite singers.  Edward Louis Severson III, better known as Eddie Vedder. He is the vocalist of Pearl Jam, a well know band of grunge. Since I was a child I used to listen to rock music, my mom loves rock music so a grow up with that. One of the groups that my mom used to listen was Pearl Jam. So every time I listen an old song of them I remember my childhood and the days when I used to pass with my mom.

Eddie Vedder had a difficult childhood. Her mother got divorced when he had 1 year old. And his step father used to abuse his mother in front of him, he made a song about that "Better Man".

What he expresses in his music is what I think that is an Emotional Intelligence. Songs like "Just Breathe" or "The last Kiss" that talks about the death of someone and how to see it in another way, not with sadness, but to remember their lives. Other songs like "Alive" can teach us that even when we fell on black days we are still alive.

Every time I'm sad I listen Pearl Jam or the songs of Eddie Vedder like soloist. Sometimes he make songs that express a truth but in a crude way, a song of this is "Do the Evolution" in where he talks about the humanity and the way that humans are destroying their future, the way that people twist their intelligence. Is an awesome video and is animated for the cartoonist of Batman.That is why I think tha Eddie has an emotional intelligence, and through the music he could express that to the world. Finally I put a video of one of my favorite songs of Pearl Jam. I hope you enjoy.

2 comentarios:

  1. Woow! I didn't know he had such a difficult childhood.. I like Pearl Jam too, and their songs are very intense and deep.. Now I understand why..
    Bianca.
    BTW: that song is one of my favorites too.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Sometimes people with difficult childhoods find comfort in writing music. This is a great example of how to let go all the bad things without hurting oneself. Great job!

    ResponderEliminar