domingo, 4 de noviembre de 2012

Skype- pal discussion- Bianca

I consider that there is not a big difference between my last post about the skype-pal thing, because I have the same idea about it, but anyway.. Even though I had a different skype- pal, the conversation wasn't very interesting. This girl who I talked to, who is from Hawaii, wasn't ejoying the experience at all and even if I tried to talk and create a conversation mood, she was not into it. I thought that she had a lot of things to talk me about, like how's live in Hawaii and the impact of changing it for Nebraska, but she didn't try to say anything about it.

On the other hand, when I asked her about the history of Halloween, since she was going to party that night for it, she just told me that she didn't know anything, ANYTHING about it. That's a shame.. I didn't know a lot about Halloween before I search, but anyway I had an idea about the Celtic origins, the All Saint's Day, and the term Samhain, even though I do not celebrate it. When I tried to explain to her about my research about Halloween's history, she looked like she was boring and she was't interested.

I asked her to ask me anything about the Day of the Death, and she told me that she studied a little about it in her Spanish class, and she sounded a little uncomfortable with the idea of celebrating during the midnight in a cementery. I realized that she thought that our celebration is like Mexico's "Day of the Death" with their costumes and food and music and dances, so I tried to explain to her about the history of the celebration in our country and what we usually do this holliday. She was interested in the Colada Morada and she told me that it sounded nice and that she would like to taste it one day.That was nice.

To conclude, this experience is not always the best, but you need to have a little luck, so it can give you a good skype-pal- This girl was so much more interesting that the other guys I talked to, although she didn't make and effort to talk, maybe she is shy, but even if I'm shy, I tried it, so I hope I'll have a better experience in another opportunity.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario