sábado, 3 de noviembre de 2012

Skype conversation by Rafael Suarez

Last Wednesday 31 of November, we had a Skype conversation with an American student of  Creighton University in Omaha Nebraska.
I talked to Meghan. It was an hour conversation. The first half an hour we talked in Spanish and the other half an hour in English.
At the beginning we were a little shy, because anyone of us knew, how to begin the conversation. So we started knowing each other career, I told her I am studying Architecture and she told me she is studying to become a Lawyer. Then I asked what are the subjects she was taking. She told me 5 subjects, like English, Spanish, USA History, etc. She also told me that her favorite subject is History and I agree with her. That is very interesting.

I asked a few times, why she was interested in studying Spanish, and she told me because she thinks is an useful language and she had realize that in the world and specially in the US, Spanish language is getting more power and more and more people speak, or want to speak it. That is something I found very interesting. Because the most people of other countries I met, the most people I realize that are interested in learning Spanish.

Because that Wednesday was Halloween, we started talking about holidays. First she told me she likes Halloween so much, and she finds this festivity fantastic. She didn't know about why they celebrate halloween. I told her what I knew about this holiday, and she told me she will search more about the reason of this festivity.
We both agree that our favorite holiday is Christmas  because this is a Family celebration. She told me she likes to go back to Chicago during this holidays to spend time with her family. She also likes the Fourth of July because of the same reason.
The she told me she is planning to have a trip to Spain next semester, that she is very excited about it and hope she will make this trip.
At the end we were talking about her job. Meghan is working in a daycare. She is in charge of 3 children and she likes this job because she basically she play with them.
At this time, time was over so we say bye to each other and that was nice to have the conversation.

RAFAEL SUAREZ


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario