domingo, 4 de noviembre de 2012

Skype chat by Grace Ribadeneira


    Last Wednesday we had a video chat with American students, I talk to a girl from Nevada who was 22 and studying literature and the lack indeed only one semester to end, she lived with two friends since their college is a bit far from where his parents live, she has a brother living in Peru you strange.

   When I was talking to this girl we talked about several things, first we talk about and how they celebrate halloween, and I could tell that young Americans Halloween is just one day that people have to dress up as a fictional character Dracula, a witch and stuff, to trick others and eat a lot, regardless of the true meaning for many cultures have that day. After that we talked a little about the Day of the Dead (November 2th) and traditions and food that we Ecuadorians in that day, I will explain that people make the Colada Morada with Guagua de Pan, the Colada Morada is made with different types of fruit and some plant species to be given its particular color.

   After that we've talked a bit about each of our cultures we were talking about trips we have done around the world, I think it was pure coincidence but the two had traveled to the same places, each in a different time but the same place we have visited Peru and the Dominican Republic, she told me she likes me a lot Peru, it has some very nice places besides tasty food, and that she would love to know the Ecuador but for now you can not travel because you do not have enough money to cover the cost here.

   We also talked about our families, our hobbies, our favorite music that she certainly loves Latin music especially merengue, also spoke Cuy we eat here while in the U.S. have them as pets, she said he would like to try it but would not be able at the right time.

   Definitely this videochat I found very entertaining and fun, and I found someone who shares many of my interests and I find it very interesting that my country. At the end she thanked me for having listened and helped to practice Spanish, as I thanked him for helping me practice a little English.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario