domingo, 4 de noviembre de 2012

Skype chat - Abigail Montenegro

The last wednesday we had a video chat again, in this oportunity  I met Spencer, he is a 20 years old guy who is studyin business. He lives in his university dormitories' whith other students. His parents live near, two hours by car, but he prefers to live in the university  rather than having to travel everyday.

First we talked about the tradictions these days in Ecuador, I told him about the colada morada and guaguas de pan, he couldn't undestand what guaguas de pan were, so I had to speak in English in order to explain that. He said that it was a nice tradition. I explained to him the origin of this tradition and he was really interested.

After that I asked to him about Halloween in his country, but he was really surprised because he didn`t know about that, he just told me about england origins but in general. So I told him the real origins of these tradition, and also about what give candies to the children means! He was interested in the history of this day. When I finished he told mi about the origins of Thanksgiving Day, it was funny because he talked  about this day in order to justify his less knowledge about Halloween.

When we had to talk in English we just talked about our hobbies or our diary activities, he was an interesting boy because we had read the same books! so we had a long time talking about that.

I really enjoy this activity, and I hope the next wednesday we will do the same!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario